Our direct API integration to Expedia hotel content
Spotnana delivers direct integration to Expedia hotel content
February 07, 2024
By Justin Schuster
It’s our goal at Spotnana to provide our customers and partners with the most comprehensive access to travel inventory, the most competitive rates, and the world’s best shopping experience.
To solve for this, we have developed our own Content Engine, which makes it easy to aggregate travel content from any source, present all travel options side-by-side in a unified shopping experience, and empower travelers to manage bookings, exchanges, and cancellations without agent assistance.
Today we are excited to share that we now provide access to Expedia’s inventory of over 700,000 global hotel properties through a direct API integration.
Accessing everything Expedia has to offer
By connecting directly to Expedia’s API, we are now able to offer our customers and partners several advantages including:
- Expanded inventory – travelers can access additional Expedia hotel and room options that are only available through its API.
- Improved shopping experiences – travelers now have access to more photos, benefit from expanded access to information about hotel amenities and room details, and can shop in any currency.
- Loyalty rewards – travelers can now earn loyalty points for bookings at properties that choose to offer this benefit through Expedia.
- Self-service changes and cancellations – bookings can now be modified or canceled by travelers on self-service basis, including support for changing rooms, rates, or dates.
- Improved servicing – agents are able to change or cancel bookings on behalf of travelers and can resolve traveler issues more easily.
In addition to providing these benefits today, we are also now well-positioned to be among the first to bring to market any new capabilities that Expedia makes available through enhancements to its API.
Embracing content fragmentation
Over the past few decades, there has been an explosion in the breadth, depth, and variety of travel content available in the market. Spotnana has been designed with this in mind.
Our Content Engine goes far beyond ingesting content from a growing number of APIs when a search is run – we also aggregate content from multiple sources and remove duplicates, as well as normalize, rank, and filter travel inventory in a matter of seconds to provide travelers with the best possible options.
With this architecture in place, we can continue to focus on the hard work of bringing together the widest possible array of content sources and providing unparalleled shopping experiences.
To learn more, please request a demo.