Spotnana enables unused ticket management across airline content channels
CWT Partners with Spotnana for Global Travel Solution
June 21, 2023
By Sarosh Waghmar
It’s said that our trials are like a hammer that tempers us into something stronger over time. Prior to founding Spotnana I learned from painful firsthand experience just how difficult it is for a travel management company to meet the rising expectations of global enterprises using the legacy technology that has been in place for decades.
This inspired me to create Spotnana and build an entirely new infrastructure for travel from the ground up. From day one, Spotnana has been architected to support both the world’s largest corporations and everyone who serves them.
Today I am excited to announce that CWT has formed a strategic partnership with Spotnana to offer customers Spotnana’s entire Travel-as-a-Service Platform, built on new modern infrastructure. The combination of Spotnana’s technology along with CWT’s global servicing capabilities and the full breadth of its TMC services now enables any corporation to benefit from a future-ready approach to business travel delivered on any scale.
Architecting a global travel platform
The complexity of a travel program can grow significantly with each additional country that requires support. To address this challenge, we have built the following capabilities into Spotnana’s architecture to support our global customers:
- Global Deployment – Spotnana eliminates the need to manage multiple online booking tools or deployments for teams located around the world. We deploy a single global instance of our platform for each customer. This greatly simplifies travel management by enabling policies and other program elements to be managed through a single console. In addition, with Spotnana deployments are much faster, and integrations to HR, expense management, duty of care, and other systems are easy to manage through our open architecture.
- Global Content – Spotnana’s Content Engine supports content from any source including GDSs, direct NDC integrations, low-cost carriers, OTAs, and other direct connections. We will soon also support CWT’s RoomIt as a content source for hotels.
- Global Shopping – travelers and agents using Spotnana are able to shop for local content in local currencies across global points of sale.
- Global Servicing – with Spotnana, agents and travelers share the same underlying platform, making it easy to collaborate and resolve issues based on shared access to the same content, policies, profiles, trip history, negotiated rates, and more. In addition, any agent using Spotnana can service any traveler from any location, reducing the need to transfer calls to another agent to resolve an issue.
- Global Real-time Analytics – Spotnana’s analytics are powered by our proprietary System of Record, where we capture a wider range of data elements than other systems, which can lead to unique insights. Data from all countries is available in real-time without the need for time-consuming, error-prone data integration, because we manage even the world’s largest corporations through a single instance of our global platform.
Bringing a global travel platform to market
CWT will offer Spotnana’s next-generation Travel-as-a-Service platform to customers alongside its full global TMC offerings delivered by agents that also use Spotnana’s modern technology stack.
Travelers will be able to reduce agent requests by using Spotnana’s unprecedented self-service capabilities including options for adding segments, canceling segments, and making unlimited changes to flights, dates, locations, seats, rooms, loyalty program numbers, TSA numbers, and more.
When assistance is needed, the strength of CWT’s people and holistic, global approach to servicing customers is further amplified by Spotnana’s Agent Desktop, which enables CWT agents to call up traveler details at a glance and deliver a personalized service experience.
Travel managers working with CWT gain access to a rich array of global TMC services including advanced data analysis and reporting, sustainability reporting and planning, traveler safety measures, price optimization, supplier negotiations, and meeting and events management.
We are delighted to accelerate our plans for strategic growth through this new partnership with Spotnana. We continuously seek to enhance our offering through investments in technology and solutions, and working with Spotnana, we bring more choice to customers. They will benefit from advanced self-service functionality coupled with the strength of CWT’s people and global offering
— Patrick Andersen, President and CEO, CWT
Our journey together is just beginning
We’re excited to be working closely with Patrick Andersen, CWT’s CEO, and the entire CWT team. Many of the corporations we have been talking to over the past few years have been looking for a travel management company with CWT’s global scale and depth of service offerings to adopt our platform.
Spotnana and CWT share a vision for the future of travel and a passion to make this a reality for our customers. We know we’re just beginning to scratch the surface with respect to the innovation we can drive together, and so much more is possible.
This has already been a massive year for Spotnana with Brex and Solutions Travel announcing new offerings built on our open platform. We are truly privileged to be working with such a diverse and visionary ecosystem of partners.