Spotnana enables unused ticket management across airline content channels
FAQs for technology providers
Learn how Spotnana makes it easy to add an industry-leading travel solution to your product suite
What are the key benefits for a technology company to work with Spotnana?
Spotnana enables any technology company to quickly and easily add travel sales to their product suite. Our platform can handle bookings for both business and leisure travel.
Key benefits of partnering with Spotnana include:
- Revenue growth – we help you generate incremental revenue through travel bookings and win more deals against the competition.
- Customer experience – we provide a best-in-class travel solution with comprehensive travel inventory at competitive prices.
- Rapid time to market – we help you avoid lengthy development cycles. Our platform is designed to be embedded and white labeled.
- Reduced development costs and risks – travel is exceptionally difficult to develop and requires massive computing resources. Our platform was developed by travel and technology experts with decades of experience.
What are Spotnana’s key differentiators for technology providers?
Here’s a short summary of some of the elements that set us apart:
- Modern infrastructure – Spotnana has developed a new, modern infrastructure for travel that supports rapid innovation and superior travel experiences.
- Widest range of content sources – we provide the most comprehensive access to air, hotel, car, and rail inventory at competitive prices. In addition, we have developed the deepest direct integrations to top airlines.
- Self-service changes and cancellations – our platform provides the most automation around complex travel use cases, empowering travelers to modify trips without costly agent support.
- Flexible payment methods – we support central, virtual, individual, and personal cards. If you have a card offering, we support payment by points, credit card, or a mixture of the two.
- Unused ticket management – we deliver the most comprehensive support for managing and redeeming unused ticket credits, which often make up 5% of air travel spend.
- Advanced policy management – Spotnana includes comprehensive options for controlling spend around travel policies including dynamic policies, lowest logical fare, and the ability to show content options but not allow booking.
- Single platform for travelers and agents – agents using Spotnana have access to the same content, policies, profiles, and negotiated rates as the travelers they serve, enabling personalized service and rapid issue resolution. In addition, our architecture enables any agent to service any traveler from any location, which reduces operating costs.
- Turn-key servicing – you can outsource travel assistance to our expert team of travel agents.
- Flexible white labeling options – Spotnana was designed from the ground up to be integrated, embedded, and white labeled.
- Open platform – Spotnana’s capabilities and data are available via APIs, enabling automated expense workflows and deep integration with spend management policies.
- Global platform – our platform supports global content, global servicing, global currencies, and is localized in major languages.
- Proven success model – we deliver far more than API documentation and a number for support. Our teams work cross functionally to ensure every part of your organization is set up for success.
- Which technology companies are already working with Spotnana?
How long does it take to implement Spotnana?
We can stand up a basic white label of our platform with custom headers, fonts, and colors in a few days. Most financial services partners want a deeper integration across profiles, HR feeds, payment methods, and user experience elements. This typically takes around 3 months.
How does Spotnana support white labeling?
Spotnana offers a range of flexible white labeling options. Our platform is designed to be white labeled and has self-service configuration tools to manage logos, fonts, and colors.
We also offer embeddable UI components and can do a full iFrame of our application. Lastly, we have an API-first architecture, which enables our partners to build an entirely custom user interface if they wish to.
Most partners choose a mixture of these options in order to benefit from both a customized user experience and rapid time to market.
How does Spotnana support Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Spotnana supports a wide range of SSO integration options including SAML, OpenID, Google login, and Okta.
What can I do with Spotnana’s APIs?
Spotnana offers a comprehensive set of travel APIs that fall into several categories, including:
- Booking trips – enables searching for travel options and booking flights, hotels, cars, and rail tickets.
- Managing trips – provides access to trip data and supports exchanges, modifications, and cancellations.
- Users – allows companies to sync HR data with Spotnana Profiles and manage user privileges.
- Policies – allows companies to determine whether bookings are in or out of policy and trigger approval workflows.
- Payments – manages payment methods, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Analytics – enables Spotnana to ingest and export data for reporting purposes.
- Companies – manages setup of legal entities, offices, cost centers, and more.
The easiest way to understand the capabilities of our APIs is to explore our API documentation.
Can I partner with Spotnana only as a content provider?
While this is technically feasible, we do not support this use case at this time. We require you to use our full platform for booking and servicing.
How does Spotnana manage product releases?
We release new features to you in a testing environment for a specified amount of time before they go live. In addition, we provide you with regular updates on our roadmap. Where needed, we can disable features for you via feature flags.
How does Spotnana address servicing?
We can provide you with a turn-key servicing solution where our agents deliver service on your behalf in a white labeled manner. Our agents can respond as your employees to inquiries via chat, email, and phone.
If you prefer to hire agents and manage servicing, we will train your agents on how to use our Agent Desktop.
How does Spotnana support customer deployments?
We train your Customer Success team to perform deployments.
How does Spotnana address technical support?
We train your Level 1 technical support team and provide Level 2 and Level 3 technical support.
Can Spotnana support travel bookings in any country?
Yes – travelers can book trips to any country through our platform.
What payment methods does Spotnana support?
We offer a range of flexible payment options including central, individual, personal, and virtual credit cards. If you offer your own credit card, we support payment with points, credit cards, or a combination of the two.
Spotnana also supports delayed invoicing, where our fees can be invoiced on a regular schedule instead of charged at the point of sale for each booking.
What integrations has Spotnana built?
A summary of our current integrations is available here. Since our platform is open, additional integrations can be added either by your team or ours.
How does the commercial model work, including pricing?
We charge a trip-based booking fee at a price point that supports partner markups and a servicing fee if we provide agent support. Partners have the flexibility to set their own price points and pricing structure. Additional details can be discussed with our partner sales team.
How does Spotnana enable my sales and customer success teams?
We provide training to your sales and customer success teams as a key part of our onboarding process and proven partner success model.
How does Spotnana ensure we maintain alignment across our businesses?
Prior to signing an agreement, our executives will ensure that we are aligned on your strategic goals, preferred operating model, and technical requirements. Spotnana will also assign a Partner Success Manager, who will work with you on an ongoing basis to ensure we are supporting you effectively and will set up periodic business reviews to maintain executive alignment.
Center builds T&E solution with travel infrastructure powered by Spotnana
I like to say that Spotnana is building longer tables, not higher walls. This is my simple way of saying that Spotnana was designed from day one to be an open platform that anyone could...
Spotnana Powers Travel for Brex’s T&E Solution
When Spotnana was created back in 2020, we set out to modernize the infrastructure of…