Spotnana enables unused ticket management across airline content channels
FAQs for travel suppliers
Learn how Spotnana helps you add revenue and customer loyalty while reducing development costs
What are the key benefits for a travel supplier to work with Spotnana?
Spotana works with travel suppliers in multiple ways. Through our modern platform we can power a next-generation online booking portal with any combination of air, hotel, car, and rail bookings that uses content from any source. Key benefits of working with Spotnana in this way include:
- Deeper customer relationships – we enable you to offer customers the option to book entire trips and complete purchases using any combination of loyalty points and card payments.
- Reduced development costs – we offer a complete travel platform that is designed to be white labeled and deeply integrated with your systems, eliminating the need to build and maintain your own solution.
- Future-proof solution – we are constantly innovating at a rapid pace and continue to deliver greater value over time.
We also build deep direct integrations to travel supplier APIs to modernize distribution and deliver best-in-case customer experiences. Key benefits of this form of partnership include:
- Best-in-class traveler experiences – we take advantage of everything available through your API including all content options, self-service changes and cancellations, and seamless global servicing.
- Flexible retailing options – our platform is designed to give you maximum flexibility to create custom offers and bundles.
- Showcase for innovation – we love to collaborate and be the first to bring new capabilities to the market.
What are Spotnana’s key differentiators for travel suppliers?
- Modern infrastructure – Spotnana has developed a new, modern infrastructure for travel that supports rapid innovation and superior travel experiences.
- Widest range of content sources – we provide the most comprehensive access to air, hotel, car, and rail inventory at competitive prices. In addition, we have developed the deepest direct integrations to top airlines.
- Self-service changes and cancellations – our platform provides the most automation around complex travel use cases, empowering travelers to modify trips without costly agent support.
- Flexible payment methods – we support central, virtual, individual, and personal cards. If you have a card offering, we support payment by points, credit card, or a mixture of the two.
- Unused ticket management – we deliver the most comprehensive support for managing and redeeming unused ticket credits, which often make up 5% of air travel spend.
- Advanced policy management – Spotnana includes comprehensive options for controlling spend around travel policies including dynamic policies, lowest logical fare, and the ability to show content options but not allow booking.
- Single platform for travelers and agents – agents using Spotnana have access to the same content, policies, profiles, and negotiated rates as the travelers they serve, enabling personalized service and rapid issue resolution. In addition, our architecture enables any agent to service any traveler from any location, which reduces operating costs.
- Turn-key servicing – you can outsource travel assistance to our expert team of travel agents.
- Open platform with flexible white labeling options – Spotnana was designed from the ground up to be integrated, embedded, and white labeled.
- Global platform – our platform supports global content, global servicing, global currencies, and is localized in major languages.
- Proven success model – we deliver far more than API documentation and a number for support. Our teams work cross functionally to ensure every part of your organization is set up for success.
Which travel suppliers are already working with Spotnana?
We currently have white labeled online booking portals in place with Qantas and Train Hugger.
In addition, we have developed direct integrations for content distribution with American Airlines, Lufthansa Group (Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Discover Airlines, Lufthansa, and SWISS), Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines. Several more direct integrations are on our near term roadmap.
How does Spotnana support direct integrations for content distribution?
Spotnana has built a proprietary Content Engine and System of Record that support travel content from any source.
It’s our strategy to build the deepest direct integrations to the world’s largest travel suppliers, so we can deliver the best possible traveler experiences. Our integrations address the entire traveler journey including booking, self-service changes and cancellations, comprehensive servicing, and integrated real-time analytics.
By building direct integrations, we forge relationships with the engineering and product teams at top suppliers and establish ourselves as a partner for future innovation. Wherever possible, we want to be the first to take new innovations to market.
How long does it take to implement Spotnana as a white labeled online booking portal?
Most portals can be deployed in a few months depending on requirements.
How does it take Spotnana to build a direct integration for digital distribution?
We can build a deep direct integration that supports all aspects of the traveler journey in as little as one month.
How does Spotnana support white labeling?
Spotnana offers a range of flexible white labeling options. Our platform is designed to be white labeled and has self-service configuration tools to manage logos, fonts, and colors.
We also offer embeddable UI components and can do a full iFrame of our application. Lastly, we have an API-first architecture, which enables our partners to build an entirely custom user interface if they wish to.
Most partners choose a mixture of these options in order to benefit from both a customized user experience and rapid time to market.
How does Spotnana support Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Spotnana supports a wide range of SSO integration options including SAML, OpenID, Google login, and Okta.
What can I do with Spotnana’s APIs?
Spotnana offers a comprehensive set of travel APIs that fall into several categories, including:
- Booking trips – enables searching for travel options and booking flights, hotels, cars, and rail tickets.
- Managing trips – provides access to trip data and supports exchanges, modifications, and cancellations.
- Users – allows companies to sync HR data with Spotnana Profiles and manage user privileges.
- Policies – allows companies to determine whether bookings are in or out of policy and trigger approval workflows.
- Payments – manages payment methods, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Analytics – enables Spotnana to ingest and export data for reporting purposes.
- Companies – manages setup of legal entities, offices, cost centers, and more.
The easiest way to understand the capabilities of our APIs is to explore our API documentation.
How does Spotnana manage product releases?
We release new features to you in a testing environment for a specified amount of time before they go live. In addition, we provide you with regular updates on our roadmap. Where needed, we can disable features for you via feature flags.
How does Spotnana address servicing?
We can provide you with a turn-key servicing solution where our agents deliver service on your behalf in a white labeled manner. Our agents can respond as your employees to inquiries via chat, email, and phone.
If you prefer to hire agents and manage servicing, we will train your agents on how to use our Agent Desktop.
Can Spotnana support travel bookings in any country?
Yes – travelers can book trips to any country through our platform.
What payment methods does Spotnana support?
We offer a range of flexible payment options including central, individual, personal, and virtual credit cards. If you offer your own credit card, we support payment with points, credit cards, or a combination of the two.
Spotnana also supports delayed invoicing, where our fees can be invoiced on a regular schedule instead of charged at the point of sale for each booking.
What Passenger Service Systems has Spotnana integrated?
We currently have an integration with Amadeus Altea.
What integrations has Spotnana built?
A summary of our other current integrations is available here. Since our platform is open, we can likely integrate other technologies that have an API, depending on your needs.
How does the commercial model work?
Please contact us to discuss.
How does Spotnana enable my sales and customer success teams?
We provide training to your sales and customer success teams as a key part of our onboarding process and proven partner success model.
How does Spotnana ensure we maintain alignment across our businesses?
Prior to signing an agreement, our executives will ensure that we are aligned on your strategic goals, preferred operating model, and technical requirements. Spotnana will also assign a Partner Success Manager, who will work with you on an ongoing basis to ensure we are supporting you effectively and will set up periodic business reviews to maintain executive alignment.
Qantas launches new SMB Business Rewards booking experience powered by Spotnana
In August of this year, we announced that Spotnana’s Travel-as-a-Service platform had been selected by Qantas to power its new online booking and travel management experience for small and mid-sized business customers. I’m excited to...