Spotnana enables unused ticket management across airline content channels
FAQs for travel management companies
Dive deeper into how Spotnana helps you increase customer acquisition, accelerate innovation, and reduce operating costs.
What are the key benefits for a TMC to work with Spotnana?
TMCs face tremendous pressure from content fragmentation, NDC implementation requirements, changing supplier economics, aging infrastructure, and rising traveler expectations for consumer-grade booking experiences.
Spotnana addresses all of these issues by providing TMCs with a comprehensive travel platform that replaces legacy infrastructure. Key benefits of working with Spotnana include:
- Reduced operating costs – we eliminate the need for a mid-office and greatly reduce the need for in-house technology staff. Our platform also includes an Agent Desktop that enables any agent to service any traveler from any location, significantly reducing the need to staff agents in remote locations around the globe.
- Deep direct NDC integrations with top suppliers – our integrations address the entire traveler journey including booking, self-service changes and cancellations, unused ticket management, comprehensive servicing, and real-time global analytics.
- Faster deployments – our platform is deployed as a single global instance and can be rolled out to small companies in days and the world’s largest companies in less than 3 months.
- Improved traveler experiences – we provide a modern online booking experience and mobile app that enables travelers to manage trip changes and cancellations on their own.
- Increased competitive advantage – we help you increase your competitive win rates by providing best-in-class technology.
- Future-proof solution – we are constantly innovating at a rapid pace and continue to deliver greater value over time.
What are Spotnana’s key differentiators for TMCs?
- Modern infrastructure – Spotnana has developed a new, modern infrastructure for travel that supports rapid innovation and superior travel experiences.
- Widest range of content sources – we provide the most comprehensive access to air, hotel, car, and rail inventory at competitive prices. In addition, we have developed the deepest direct integrations to top airlines.
- Self-service changes and cancellations – our platform provides the most automation around complex travel use cases, empowering travelers to modify trips without costly agent support.
- Flexible payment methods – we support central, virtual, individual, and personal cards. If you have a card offering, we support payment by points, credit card, or a mixture of the two.
- Unused ticket management – we deliver the most comprehensive support for managing and redeeming unused ticket credits, which often make up 5% of air travel spend.
- Advanced policy management – Spotnana includes comprehensive options for controlling spend around travel policies including dynamic policies, lowest logical fare, and the ability to show content options but not allow booking.
- Single platform for travelers and agents – agents using Spotnana have access to the same content, policies, profiles, and negotiated rates as the travelers they serve, enabling personalized service and rapid issue resolution. In addition, our architecture enables any agent to service any traveler from any location, which reduces operating costs.
- Open platform with flexible white labeling options – Spotnana was designed from the ground up to be integrated and white labeled.
- Global platform – our platform supports global content, global servicing, global currencies, and is localized in major languages.
- Proven success model – we deliver far more than API documentation and a number for support. Our teams work cross functionally to ensure every part of your organization is set up for success.
Which TMCs are already working with Spotnana?
CWT, Solutions Travel, and TicketPro Travel Solutions have all announced that they are using Spotnana’s technology to power their travel solutions.
Can I just resell Spotnana as an Online Booking Tool?
No, Spotnana is much more than an Online Booking Tool. Our Travel-as-a-Service platform also includes an Agent Desktop, Booking Engine, System of Record, and a Content Engine that all work together in a seamless fashion.
Our platform was built for TMCs to take to market, and it’s necessary to use our entire platform to serve customers.
Can I just partner with Spotnana as a content provider?
While this is technically feasible, we do not support this use case at this time. We require you to use our full platform for booking and servicing.
Can Spotnana integrate my proprietary content sources?
Yes, our Content Engine is designed to support content from any source.
How long does it take to implement Spotnana’s Travel-as-a-Service platform?
We recommend allocating three months to deploy Spotnana and train your sales team and travel agents.
How does Spotnana support white labeling?
Spotnana offers a range of flexible white labeling options. Our platform is designed to be white labeled and has self-service configuration tools to manage logos, fonts, and colors.
We also offer embeddable UI components and can do a full iFrame of our application. Lastly, we have an API-first architecture, which enables our partners to build an entirely custom user interface if they wish to.
Most partners choose a mixture of these options in order to benefit from both a customized user experience and rapid time to market.
How does Spotnana support Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Spotnana supports a wide range of SSO integration options including SAML, OpenID, Google login, and Okta.
What can I do with Spotnana’s APIs?
Spotnana offers a comprehensive set of travel APIs that fall into several categories, including:
- Booking trips – enables searching for travel options and booking flights, hotels, cars, and rail tickets.
- Managing trips – provides access to trip data and supports exchanges, modifications, and cancellations.
- Users – allows companies to sync HR data with Spotnana Profiles and manage user privileges.
- Policies – allows companies to determine whether bookings are in or out of policy and trigger approval workflows.
- Payments – manages payment methods, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Analytics – enables Spotnana to ingest and export data for reporting purposes.
- Companies – manages setup of legal entities, offices, cost centers, and more.
The easiest way to understand the capabilities of our APIs is to explore our API documentation.
How does Spotnana manage product releases?
We release new features to you in a testing environment for a specified amount of time before they go live. In addition, we provide you with regular updates on our roadmap. Where needed, we can disable features for you via feature flags.
How does Spotnana address servicing?
We can provide you with a turn-key servicing solution where our agents deliver service on your behalf in a white labeled manner. Our agents can respond as your employees to inquiries via chat, email, and phone.
If you prefer to hire agents and manage servicing, we will train your agents on how to use our Agent Desktop.
Can Spotnana support travel bookings in any country?
Yes – travelers can book trips to any country through our platform.
What mid-office systems does Spotnana support?
Spotnana eliminates the need for a mid-office. We completely automate complex travel workflows through our microservices.
What back office systems does Spotnana support?
Spotnana has an API that can be integrated with any back office system. In addition, Travel Operations has developed a pre-built integration to their back office system built on Microsoft Dynamics.
What duty of care systems does Spotnana support?
Spotnana currently has integrations with International SOS and WorldCue. Our integrations are the first to provide comprehensive data feeds that include NDC exchanges and cancellations.
What carbon calculators does Spotnana support?
Spotnana can integrate with any carbon calculator. We currently have integrations with Atmosfair and Google.
What payment methods does Spotnana support?
We support central, virtual, individual, and personal cards. We also support unused airline ticket credit redemption for EDIFACT and NDC bookings, UATP cards, AMEX BTA, delayed invoicing, and direct billing for car rentals.
What integrations has Spotnana built?
A summary of our other current integrations is available here. Since our platform is open, we can likely integrate other technologies that have an API, depending on your needs.
How does the commercial model work?
Please contact us to discuss.
How does pricing work?
We charge a trip-based booking fee at a price point that supports partner markups and a servicing fee if we provide agent support. Partners have the flexibility to set their own price points and pricing structure. Additional details can be discussed with our partner sales team.
How does Spotnana train my travel agents?
We provide training materials and an instructor to train your agents.
How does Spotnana enable my sales and customer success teams?
We provide training to your sales and customer success teams as a key part of our onboarding process and proven partner success model.
How does Spotnana ensure we maintain alignment across our businesses?
Prior to signing an agreement, our executives will ensure that we are aligned on your strategic goals, preferred operating model, and technical requirements. Spotnana will also assign a Partner Success Manager, who will work with you on an ongoing basis to ensure we are supporting you effectively and will set up periodic business reviews to maintain executive alignment.
CWT Partners with Spotnana for Global Travel Solution
It’s said that our trials are like a hammer that tempers us into something stronger over time. Prior to founding Spotnana I learned from painful firsthand experience just how difficult it is for a travel...